A Week of Thanks: A is for...

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Week of Thanks: A



There is nothing quite like curling up with a good book and a warm drink... coffee, hot chocolate, tea.. all good choices!

Right now I am taking a Children's Literature course as part of my master's degree and our big assignment is to read 30 new to us children and young adult books. This has been a great excuse for reading the ever growing mountain of books on my bedside table. One of the best books I have read for this project was The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo. I had seen several of my students read it in the past and I have read many other books by Kate but I had never been drawn to this particular book. However, one of my students asked me to read it - he said it was amazing and that I would love it. I of course said yes and I am so glad that I did. The book was touching and left me thinking about how we grow and change depending on the people we meet in our lifetime. I can see now why so many of my students love this book. When I got back to school the next day, I explained to my students that I might be extra tired because I had stayed up all night reading. They all wanted to know what the book was and then I had a line of students who wanted to read it next! I have read some excellent books. Check a few of them out below:




What have you read lately that you really enjoyed?





You Might Also Like

0 comments