Sunday Scoop 1/5

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Hi everybody! Today is Sunday and my last day of freedom until February. Winter break has been wonderful! I relaxed, read some great books, spent time with friends and family, and revamped some curriculum. I am just about ready to go back and to help get into the swing of things I am linking up with The Teaching Trio to review my first week back.





I just signed up for my next semester of grad school and now I have to go pick up my textbooks and some new notebooks. I'm such a nerd because my favorite part of starting a new class is picking out the perfect notebook. It is so much more fun to take notes in a pretty notebook :)

I have gotten sick of writing our daily schedule on the board every day so I created schedule cards. Now I just have to finish laminating them and add magnets.. I guess I should get on that since I'll need them tomorrow....

My mother-in-law bought me a hand-crafted drying rack for my birthday so I am actually excited to do some laundry so that I can use it :)

For Christmas, my husband and I received snowshoes from our secret Santas. But we have had a weird winter so far and have not had any snow of the ground for the past month. We got a few inched today so I am hoping to get home with enough daylight so that Audrey (my puppy-dog) and I can go for a walk and try them out tomorrow :) If we make it out, I'll post some pictures!

Christmas was trying on our living room floor.... the tree stand had a crack in the bottom of it and by the time we realized it, we had leaked about 7 gallons of water! Needless to say, the carpet is ruined and needs to be replaced. My husband and I have talked off and on about replacing the kitchen floor with hardwood and this has given us a reason to do it now rather than later. But I am struggling to make a decision - light wood or dark wood? What do you suggest?

Lastly, I am happy to celebrate my birthday! Birthdays have always been a big deal in my family and I am looking forward to a nice celebratory dinner with them.

What are you looking forward to this week?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hope you have a happy birthday! (Oh, and I'm jealous about the hardwood flooring! I'm hoping that I have some coming way in the near future!) Good luck getting back in the swing of things tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow shoes! That is so cool! Best of luck returning to school and starting you new semester of grad school!

    ReplyDelete