September Currently

Monday, September 01, 2014

It is that time again - time to link up with Farley at Oh' Boy, 4th Grade for her fabulous "currently" linky.


Listening: My pup, Audrey, can be very lazy. Right now she is curled right up against me (even though it is 85* in the house!) taking a nap. She must be dreaming since she is twitching like crazy!

Loving: I am so excited that school has started up again. I took the summer off and did a lot of soul searching and prepping for this school year. I am energized and ready to get back!

Thinking: My district requires that you start your master's degree by the end of your third year or they will not give you a continuing contract so I have signed up for my first two full length classes. I took a condensed class this spring and it was a bit of work. Now I am taking 2 classes and I am a little nervous that I won't be able to balance school, work, and home very well.

Wanting:  I absolutely love wearing sweaters and long pants and cannot wait for the weather to cool down enough to pull out all of my cute fall clothes. The week before we started school it was cool and I got excited and laid out an adorable sweater and skirt outfit for the first day - then the weather did a 180 and it ended up being almost 90* on our first day! 

Needing: My husband and I have been enjoying our long weekend together but now I need to focus and finish up my plans for next week. If I am feeling ambitious I might start reading for my classes too :)

3 Trips: I have always wanted to go Germany ever since I learned in 3rd grade that my family had roots there. Ireland is a beautiful country and I love the Irish accent. Lastly, I would love to go back to Italy. I went my senior year in college with a few classmates and a professor as part of my honor's program. My professor lives part of the year in Venice so she knew all the great places to go. We were there for 10 days and traveled from Venice to Florence to Rome. I would love to go back and spend more time in Venice and Rome and then travel over to Siena. Who are we kidding, I just want to go back - it could be anywhere in Italy and I would be happy!

Don't forget to hop over to Farley's and check out what everyone else is currently up to!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Found you through the currently linky!

    I just finished my Masters back in May. My district does not require it from any of their teachers but it bumps you up on the pay scale if you have it. I got mine in K-12 Administration. What are you going for? Good luck!!

    Ashley
    Coffee and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on finishing! I am going for Literacy with an ELL concentration. This will allow me to work as a reading interventionist/ coach. I am super excited to be back in the classroom!

      ~Sandy~

      Delete
  2. Love your name 'Lessons in the Sand'!!! Good luck getting your masters. I loved working on mine! I grew so much as a teacher and as a person. I have found memories of those two years. I hope you find it to be as a rewarding experience as I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Choosing my name was difficult. I even polled my family and closest friends on which name they liked the best. Congrats on your masters. I am excited to be back in the classroom as a student :)

      ~Sandy ~

      Delete