A Week of Thanks - H is for...

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Week of Thanks: H 



Last Christmas I pleaded with my husband to get a dog. Now anyone who knows me would question this request as I have always been rather afraid of dogs - at least until I get to know them. But my heart was set on rescuing a young dog and bringing it into my family. I wanted it so badly, that one of the persuasive writing activities I had my fourth graders complete was a letter to Mr. A. explaining why he should get me a dog for Christmas. I showed them pictures of the dogs I was interested in and then they went to work listing the pros and cons of dog ownership. Out of my 21 students, only one did not think I should have a dog (she had a misbehaving puppy of her own at home!). Needless to say, the letters did their job and 4 days before Christmas, we went and met our Audrey. She has added so much to our family and I could not imagine life without her. So I am thankful to have a happy puppy that loves to play and cuddle.



You Might Also Like

0 comments