Show Us What You Bought

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' to show you some of the great products that I snagged during the TpT Back to School Sale. I have been waiting all summer for this sale to grab these great products!


Most of my purchases are from the lovely Jivey from Ideas by Jivey. I purchased a set of mentor sentences last spring to use during my American Revolution unit and my students and I fell in love! At the end of the unit my students were begging for more grammar - shocking, I know! So I knew that I wanted to change my grammar instruction this year and use Jivey's mentor sentences throughout the year. I had already purchased the first 10 weeks last school year so I was excited to go back and purchase units 2-4. 

Mentor Sentences:       Unit 2    Unit 3    Unit 4
Interactive Notebook:   Unit 2    Unit 3    Unit 4

In conjunction with her mentor sentences, Jivey has put together the best bundle of reading and writing units that match up with the same mentor texts that she uses for her Mentor Sentences. The best part is that she includes generic copies of her graphic organizers so that students can use them with their independent books as well. 


I am also really excited about the Analyzing Character Pack from Miss Nannini. She blogged about using it in her classroom last year and I cannot wait to use it with my students.  


In keeping with the literacy theme, I also grabbed Word Work for Big Kids. It looks like a great way to add to my Word Work Daily 5 rotation. 


Next up is a great product from the Brown Bag Teacher - Main Idea in a Bag. This is a great hands on way to have students practice identifying main idea using short, high-interest passages. 


Last up, Animal Adaptations and Survival - Science Weekly Five from the Science Penguin. She always creates the best science mini-units. They fit in well with my guided reading and literacy rotations. Plus this unit matches up with our new science standards!


Phew! What a great collection of fabulous products. I am starting to get excited to go back to school! What great things did you grab during the Back to School Sale?


You Might Also Like

2 comments